Saturday, March 22, 2014

Post 20

             I sent about 8 emails to some of my sister’s biggest donors, so I should get some responses soon. My team has raised a little under $1,600 so that’s pretty good, but we should be able to start picking it up more now. I also got 3 more people on the team, so they should be able to raise some more money as well. I was also invited to speak at the team captains meeting, but sadly, I had a prior engagement, so I will be speaking at the next one about my story and why I am participating.


               I am also planning on getting the team sponsored, but that is proving challenging, however I will keep trying to work on that, and also try and get some businesses to donate. Other than that, not too much else has happened. I myself have raised about $650.00, and I am also putting together a mass email that I can send out to a lot of people that will probably not give as large donations, but the smaller ones will still add up a lot to match those bigger donors. Everything is looking great, and hopefully I can continue to successfully fundraise for Relay. I am happy that 20 Time has given the opportunity to work on this, and although I was going to do it either way, it is nice to have some constant motivation to work on it every Friday and write these things. I am happy to be doing this and can’t wait to do more.

-also, since I am writing this on my iPad, I apologize for the abnormal font.

4 comments:

  1. If it is not too personal I would love to hear why you participate, and what you relay for. I have never heard of someone sponsoring a team and would be really intrigued to see what that's all about, maybe something I can start for my team over here on the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yeah it's not too personal but if you would like to know more you can just email me at jschwessi@gmail.com if you would like

      Delete
  2. I really like that your doing this. I hope you are able to meet your goals and wish you the best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete